Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Koodo

Can't access the data service of Koodo with a Bold 9780 unlocked from Telus (previous provider)

I've changed the APN to the one for koodo. But other than that, I don't know what to do.

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Can't access the data service of Koodo with a Bold 9780 unlocked from Telus (previous provider)

New Contributor

Re: Can't access the data service of Koodo with a Bold 9780 unlocked from Telus (previous provider)

[ Edited ]

I've tried, but nothing happen. It says a Message has been sended (or something like that in French). But then, nothing. The Registration Message doesn't appear. 

I also tried this: remove the battery and the sim card, put everything back in place and start the BB. But it's "worst" now on the HOME page i can read TELUS instead of Koodo.  Same thing when I click on it: Mobile service: Telus (which is false).

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Do you have a blackberry specific data plan ??

Try resending service books

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB15402&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...
New Contributor

Yes, I've also tried that before (from all the searching on the internet). And I tried it again.

Yes I have a data plan (montly plan with Koodo).

When I click on EMAIL ACCOUNT, the screen that appears is a screen titled: Enterprise Activation

Then

PIN:   numbers...

Activated accounts: NO accounts activated

Account activated: To activate your ENTERPRISE account, enterdetails provided by your system admin...

Email: Password...

I don't see anything like the description of the KB15402 BB article. 

I don't see  Internet Mail Account. LOG IN....

I'm thinking there is something about the Enterprise services. I'm totally not familiar with this. 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

If you have a proper BlackBerry data plan (BIS, for BlackBerry Internet Service) and you're not able to activate a personal email account, you'll need to do a security wipe of the phone. From the homescreen follow Options>Security or Options>Device>Security depending on which OS you're running.

I hope that helps you. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks! Everything I've done was alright. It's just the Koodo provider who made the mistake of setting my account for Android and not BB... Duh!

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Koodo's wrestler mascot should knock some sense into them! Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.