Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Fonic/O2
Accepted Solution

Can't call or receive calls

Hello,

I have the following problem and hope someone can help me with it:

• Since yesterday my phone won't let me call numbers or receive any calls. In both cases I get a "Call failed". I see some connection activity in the upper right corner in both cases.
  • I use a Fonic/O2 prepaid card where I can ask for my balance by "calling" *101#. Normally it takes some seconds to get the balance, now it takes much more time. Now I often even don't get my balance but an "Supplementary service error: General error:"
  • I still am able to send text messages (but there was also one message that couldn't be sent).
  • Receiving any text messag doesn't seem to work.
  • Wi-Fi works as usual.
  • When I put my sim card into another phone, everything works perfectly fine.
  • I didn't try to put another sim card into my blackberry.

My data:

• Carrier: Fonic/O2 Germany (no bb option)
  • Phone: BlackBerry Bold 9780

Hope there is anyone having a clue!

Thanks a lot!

bbbcf

New Contributor

Re: Can't call or receive calls

[ Edited ]

Update:

It's getting stranger: I tried another sim card with the blackberry and it worked perfectly fine. Then I switched sim cards again and the problem still exists...

Seems like the bb just don't want to work with my sim card anymore Smiley Sad

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

OR

1) Your SIM card has gone bad

2) Your balance with your carrier is inadequate

3) Some other causes

But -- you need to ring up you provider for formal support...only they can look "behind the scenes" at their systems to see what is going on.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for your response. The problem was the signal tower. I think my provider solved the problems on their own... Thread may be closed.