Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Can't change blackberry id?? bad email, forgotten password

I have an employee that entered a bad email address for his blackberry id.  It's not a valid email address.  Now he can't remember his password, so he's unable to use any blackberry apps (like bbm).  I also can't change the blackberry id, because i need the password to change it to his correct email address.  He does not have a email from setting up the blackberry id, because it's an invalid email address.  How can I change his info or reset his blackberry id?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Can't change blackberry id?? bad email, forgotten password

Hi jmkuyper

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

There are ways to reset our BBID password , If the Email or  Username that your employee used was invalid then you have only limited option, have to create a new BlackBerry ID using a valid email. But for this purpose you have to perform a security wipe within that device to add a new BlackBerry ID on that device. Refer to this Knowledge base which might help :

• KB24062 How to create a BlackBerry ID
  • KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone.

But first you need to do a backup of that device before performing those steps.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.