Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Koodo

Can't charge 9790 on laptop

When I connect through USB port to recharge, I get a message on the blackberry that says something to the effect: "The device you are connected to is not capable of charging your battery."  I am able to charge by connecting directly to the 115 V AC plug but not via computer.   Can anyone suggest a fix for this?  Thanks for any help!    Joe

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rotary Phone

Re: Can't charge 9790 on laptop

Hey Joe,

I have the same phone but, if I plug into my desktop computer it will charge.  But in my car with USB plug I get the same message, "The device you are connected to is not capable of charging your battery."

I just plug directly to a AC outlet for charging...plus it faster than charging on a PC.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't charge 9790 on laptop

There really is no fix to this other than to charge your phone via a wall outlet. The wall outlet method of charging your phone has always been the preferred method of charging and should be the one you use.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.