Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't configure Outlook for synchronization

I just got my first blackberry for the primary purpose of keeping contacts and calendar synchronized. After installing the desktop software, when I get to the screen to configure synchronization, Outlook is not available. Iv'e been searching all night and cant find anything. Any Ideas?
Contributor

Re: Can't configure Outlook for synchronization

Do you mean that Outlook is not an option when choosing what Program you want to Sync with? Is so, and I trust you do have Outlook installed (btw, which version are you running?)? Again, if so, do you have Outlook running when you try to configure your sync options? Do you have Outlook set as the default Email Program?
~~Nick Andriash~~
Courtenay, B.C.
New Contributor

Re: Can't configure Outlook for synchronization

Yes, when I select synchronize from the desktop software and then select the configuration tab and then the configure synch button, the only options that are available are none, ascii import/export and yahoo, except address book which also lists outlook express as an option. I just switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. Outlook is the default mail program and seems to be working fine. I've tried it with Outlook running and not running. I'm going to try reinstalling now. Thanks for the reply and any additional help will be greatly appreciated.