Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't configure desktop software to sync outlook 2000 calendar

I'm sure there's an easy answer for this but I can't figure it out.

I've got a blackberry pearl 8130 and my PC runs Windows XP SP3 and I use Outlook 2000 for my calendar. I want to sync that via a USB cable. When I run the blackberry desktop manager I select Sychronize -> configure -> configure synch... -> Calendar. I am then given a list of available desktop applications: none, ASCII, or Yahoo.

How do I get Outlook 2000 to be on that list?

New Developer
My Device: 8300 Curve

Re: Can't configure desktop software to sync outlook 2000 calendar

I have the same problem when I upgraded to DM 4.5.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just found this on another support website.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/109881-rim-kb-outlook-sync-dm-4-3-a.html

I just found this KB at Blackberry.com for Desktop Manager 4.3. This explains why Outlook doesn't show up as a program to sync with. Keep those versions of DM 4.2 around if you use Outlook 2000 (as I do.)

BlackBerry Search Results

Unable to select Microsoft Outlook 2000 from the list of programs for synchronization

Doc ID : KB14763
Last Modified : 2007-12-13
Document Type : What Is

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.3
  • Microsoft® Outlook® 2000

Details

BlackBerry smartphone users who have Microsoft Outlook 2000 installed on their computers are unable to select Microsoft Outlook from the list of programs for synchronization. Support for Microsoft Outlook 2000 has been removed in BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.3.

Additional Information

A list of alternate programs for synchronization can be found at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/req_4dot3.jsp

Products & Services:
  • BlackBerry Desktop Software

I'm going to uninstall my current version of the DM and install ver 4.2 and see if that solves the problem.

Message Edited by medic_taz on 08-08-2008 05:16 PM
New Developer
My Device: 8300 Curve

Thanks very much thats good to know...
New Contributor

I down graded to DM 4.2 and it syncs fine now.
New Contributor

Hi,

I down graded to DM 4.2 SP2 & my computer no longer recognized my devise USB connection.  any suggestions?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

DesiArnaz wrote:

Hi,

I down graded to DM 4.2 SP2 & my computer no longer recognized my devise USB connection.  any suggestions?

Install the USB drivers again.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I am trying to search past appointments no longer stored on my Blackberry calendar but are on my Desktop Outlook.  I use BES.  Is there a way to do this from my Blackberry?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

the only appointments that will be synchronized are the one after the date of the PC (= today), minus 30 or 60 days (depends on the configuration of the BES server). To go deeper in the pas, just modify the date of your PC.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I don't want to synchronize more to my blackberry.  With BES it is constantly synchronizing.  I need to keep my memory free so I have set the Calendar "Keep Appointments" to 15 days.  I have appointments on my computer going back (for example) 1 year with notes attached.  I would like to be able to search from my Blackberry an appointment a year ago and pull up the notes even though the appointement is not actually stored on my Blackberry's memory at that moment.

Are you saying change my BES to not delete after 15 Days and store indefinitely?  If so, how do you search your BES when the appointment is not actually on your Blackberry?

thanks,