Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: TrueMove

Can't connect BBM through WiFi on my Curve 8520!! Help!!!

Hi all,

Need a bit of help here.... I have a BIS plan from my carrier (TrueMove Thailand). I can use BBM and all those goodies while I am in Edge Network coverage however at the office, the network coverage is shocking. I get only 2-3 bars of GSM coverage so I can still make calls but not for anything else.

My friends have told me I can access BBM through wi-fi as they do, but I've tried pretty much everything and its not working. The office wifi is open and I've looked at the server's firewall settings - nothing to indicate there is a BB restriction. I've turned off the network signal on the bb to wi-fi only and I can access the web through web browser, but nothing's happening with BBM. 

Any ideas on anything else I could try? I'd really appreciate any help!

BB OS v5.0.0900

BBM v5? (i just updated this yesterday along with the OS)

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: TrueMove

Re: Can't connect BBM through WiFi on my Curve 8520!! Help!!!

Ok, I've just resolved this myself.  I was going crazy reading all these posts and trying absolutely everything!!!

I read on another post that it was the sim card that was the problem. So what the heck, today I went out and bought another sim, a proper BB package sim (my old one was that network with an option to use BBM and other social media apps)....and Voila! It works! My wifi logo is now glowing black and white.

Sometimes, the best answer just happens to be the easiest. Hope this is able to help someone else.