Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Can't connect to App World anymore?? pls help. (worked 2 days ago)

[ Edited ]
Hi all, I'm new to this forum & I'm hoping somone can help me with this:

The beginning of the week I downloaded 'Blackberry Apps World on to my 8800 (Vodafone UK), I then downloaded the bloomberg app & a weather app & they both worked fine for a couple of days.

Yesterday when I tried them they wouldn't update & when I go on to app world I just get the following error message:

'Cannot connect to the blackberry app world server. Make sure that your device is connected to the wireless network and try again.'

My Email & browser still work fine & I haven't changed any connection settings since it worked!
I have deleted the app world & re-installed but I still get the same error.
Details:
Blackberry 8800
corporate use (business)
v4.2.1.101 (platform 2.3.0.80)
Vodafone UK
Located in the UK (Wales)
Blackberry App world v. 1.1.0.24

Please help me.
Regards, Adam
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't connect to App World anymore?? pls help. (worked 2 days ago)

Hi there!

I suggest the following steps:

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > blackberry_logo.jpg (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should check first with your company to see if they have put any restrictions in place (yes, they can). Next, you should check with your carrier to find out if you no longer have an adequate data plan from them to enable access to AppWorld and other data services for apps you've installed.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am stuck on:

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

I have no idea how to do this or what it means! my email works fine & the link on here seems to just talk about setting up a new email!?? confused>

please help laymans terms pls.

thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Well, I'm not at all sure how you got, from that KB, the need to create a new email configuration for your BB. The steps to resend your Service Books are clearly laid out in the KB. Can you tell me exactly where in the KB you are getting stuck?

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi, i clicked onto KB15402, it says:'

On the BlackBerry smartphone Home screen, click the E-mail Settings icon. If you are running BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5 or later, the E-mail Settings icon may be located in the Setup folder.

ive no idea hw to get to the smartphone homescreen!

Hall of Famer III

Ummm...ok...well...the "smartphone homescreen" would be the basic screen on your BB...the one with all of the icons to do stuff...like Messages, Calendar, Contacts, etc. Somewhere on your BB will be an Email Setup or Settings icon...it may be in the Settings folder (icon), or it may be elsewhere -- you have full control to have moved icons around, so there's no way for anyone who does not have your BB in their hands to be positive where your email settings icon is...perhaps this will help:

Let us know.

New Contributor

Hi, the only icon that seems relevant is one that says 'Mobile email settings' when i click on it, it take sme into vodafone live and a screen that says 'add my existing email account to my Blackberry (R) device'

email address & password

my email is already set up & working from my work server, I don't use a password for it, It's just on there.

Sorry if i'm being dim but I am a complete novice when it comes to Blackberrys.!

Hall of Famer III

Strange...then I've absolutely no idea how your BB is configured. Hence, I suggest you contact your service provider for formal assistance.

Good luck!

New Contributor

Thanks for your help , i will contact Vodafone on Monday & let you know the outcome..

regards

Visitor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: t-mbile

if your on t-mobile payg you need to get a bbm booster, 1 month = MONTHBB -441 6 months - 6MONTHBB - 441