Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB 8130
My Carrier: PlatinumTel
Accepted Solution

Can't connect to Blackberry desktop

I recently started having trouble connecting to Blackberry Desktop. When I plug in the device, BBDM software recognizes it and starts to connect, but then the green circle just keeps spinning around and never finishes. I tried reinstalling, and still have the same problem, but now it can't even set up the "new" device. My computer has Windows XP with all the updates. Nothing else has changed on the computer except maybe Windows updates.

Thanks for any help.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Can't connect to Blackberry desktop

Please try using a different data cable.
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: BB 8130
My Carrier: PlatinumTel

Re: Can't connect to Blackberry desktop

Okay, the other cord I have disconnects constantly even when just using it for a usb drive. But I tried it for this, and after about 10 tries, it stayed connected and everything worked! And then the original cord, that normally works but hasn't been able to connect to BBDM for weeks, started working again.

Computers are so inscrutable. Thanks!