Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: PEARL 3G 9105, OS 6
My Carrier: vodafone essar

Can't connect to internet with mobile internet using pearl 9105 with Desktop software on windows 8.

While the mobile internet feature works fairly well in windows 7, it seems to have a connectivity issue in windows 8 Consumer Preview. I tried on 3 laptops with windows 7 and 3 laptops on windows 8. Laptops with windows 7 installed never showed any problem with the pearl modem configuration. But, when I tried to connect to the internet using mobile internet feature in Blackberry Desktop software in windows 8, it showed an error, "Device Modem already in use". 

Please provide some help as I need to work in windows 8 and frequenty need to connect to internet using my BB Pearl 9105.

Model: 9105

Mobile Operator: Vodafone Essar

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Can't connect to internet with mobile internet using pearl 9105 with Desktop software on windows 8.

Hey aniljaiswal,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Currently Windows® 8 is not yet supported for BlackBerry® Desktop Software.  Once Windows® 8 is out of beta testing then there will be supported software available for tethering.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!