Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: 02

Can't connect to wifi or mobile network: Bold 9900

I have been given this phone by a friend who purchased it from South Africa. I have reset the phone since getting it and he gave it to me because it could not connect (here in the UK) to wifi or mobile networks. I don't think it was locked to any SA network as I have put a UK O2 sim in and it has been working fine. I have been to the Mobile Network and Wi-Fi Network options but had no luck connecting manually or automatically. I appear to have full bars on the O2 3G network and I can detect my own wifi network and begin to connect but the connection is always lost before I can finish (I use a proxy when using my wifi network so this may have something to do with not bring able to hold a connection long enough but there has to be a way to connect for long enough to set up the proxy, right?)

Thank you to anyone who can help.

My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: Can't connect to wifi or mobile network: Bold 9900

I reccomend you reload your software using BlackBerry desktop software. Click update, if no other versions are avalible, please select another version.

here is a link for BlackBerry desktop software.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

Please keep me posted so i can help you further.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.