Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Can't delete apps

I have a new Torch and I'm trying to delete the applications it came installed with - like Fandango and Bloomberg - and I'm following the directions, which say to hit the blackberry menu then delete, simple right? Except 'delete' isn't an option in the blackberry menu! I've tried it with every app just to see if I couldn't delete certain things, but it's never an option. And every instructional guide I can find lists that as the only way to do it from the handheld. Then I tried from the computer, and the apps I don't want, including some games, aren't even appearing in the list on the computer!! What is going on?!

Contributor
My Carrier: At & T

Re: Can't delete apps

Hello..Some apps seems like it wont let u as there is no delete option...All you can do is hide them...but strange on my phone Fandango gives me a delete option...You can also press down for few seconds on icon and menu comes up too...Bloomberg doesnt have a delete option...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

As DS has said, some apps cannot be deleted.  They're service books pushed to your device by you carrier.

What I do is create a Junk folder, put all those sort of apps into the Junk folder, then hide the folder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

Ok thank you! It's quite strange that the carrier won't let me delete certain apps because of the corporate tie-in or something. It's MY phone! How annoying.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Yup...it's your BB, but it's under contract with them. I bet if you check your contract, you'll find some really tiny words somewhere that allow them to push these things to you at will. A "junk" folder is very useful on a BB.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: tiawan mobile

I have a more general question - I set up some email account icons on the new Torch desktop and now want to delete them. How to do? Thanks!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Bob,

How did you set up the e-mail accounts?  Via the BIS web client or through the Email Setup Wizard on the device?  Are you using these e-mail accounts?

Either way, you can "delete" them by removing the account the same way you added it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Yes...and further, see this guideline:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Carrier: Att

One reason ATT is rated so low in consumer reports, and BBY is trailing iphone and droid phones

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

this is the new way of deleting an old mail account or apps on the BB Torch, the answer is in the service books:
1. on your BB screen, go to "setup"
2. click on options
3. click on device
4. click on advanced system settings
5. click on service books
remove the "v" on the mail accounts or apps that are no longer valid
return to standard screen
if necessary reboot
all the icons of the mail accounts that are no longer used should be gone....
There you go....