Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Can't determine icon

This is the best I can do under the circumstances.  Now you all know what icon I'm talking about, I'm sure.  I checked the list of applications on my Torch, and I can't seem to figure out which one might want to display this icon.  Is there a way to determine this?IMG_00000087.jpg

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

That helps us get a better idea, thanks.

Did you look in the folders as I suggested?

Open a messages folder, press the BB menu button, select View Folder, then search through those.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor

Yessir, and I didn't find anything to suggest it may be any of the messages.
Contributor

Plus, I'm sure if I reset my Torch it will go away, but I think it would be interesting to determine what it is first. Am I right?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Go into Connection Management, specifically the wifi area.  Could be something to do with a hotspot notification.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Highlighted
Contributor

Just finished checking, nothing. I think I'll give it to the end of the day and, if nobody figures it out, I'll reset my Torch and wait for it to appear again. When it first appeared, I don't recall seeing a message such as the other alerts do. Maybe I accidentally ignored it? Meh, we'll figure it out.