Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9315
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Can't Download Apps - RESOLVED

[ Edited ]

I was having a similar problem with my 9315. I could open "Blackberry World", but when I would go to "My World", "Content Settings", or try to download anything, it would have me agree to the EULA, and do nothing at all. Blackbery support had me uninstall, and download Blackberry World 3 or 4 times, and never resolved the issue. 

I read this article a week ago, reluctant to call Blackberry Support again; determined to fix it myself. After reading a few posts I realized that all the issues seem to consist of account-based initialization issues. I failed to download apps on another 9315 that could with another account, (and SIM); making it obvious that it was in fact an account issue. 

To resolve my issue I did something that had not been suggested at all. I went to the Blackberry World site http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/ , and selected a free app to manually install on my phone. The site then put me through the 3 step process of installing the driver for my computer, so that it could sync the application to my phone. It would then add the new application to my phone, and in the process sync my phone with my account. After installing one application with this method I tried to install something from BB World, and it worked as it should have long ago. Why support never suggests to download something from the site to sync with your phone/tablet is beyond me, but it makes too much sense to do something that works.  

It has been almost a week now, and I have not had an issue install apps, going to the content settings, or going to "My World". I hope this helps someone resolve their issue as well. Previous to this being resolved, all of my other BIS functions were working (BBM, Facebook, Twitter, Email, Web, etc). 

Hope this helps someone!