Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: EE

Can't find BBM

I uninstalled BBM for a little while but when i went to install it back onto my blackberry, it's saying that it is still installed. It's not in my applications and i can't find it anywhere on my blackberry. I cant re download it from the app world either. Anyone have any suggestions?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Can't find BBM

Hello tashaahaading

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you having problem in locating BBM on your device thenfirst advice is a Battery Pull Restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for atleast a min. then re-insert it back .After restart see if BBM icon is  visible on your Homescreen .

If still Unable to locate then try ReInstalling the BBM application again. But first Go to Options > Device Application Management > Delete BlackBerry Messenger from that list .Then perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On .

After device restarts from your BlackBerry Browse browse or Click here  www.blackberry.com/bbm to download the most recent version of BBM for your device. Please try it and see if that helps. 

Additional Information :

KB23968 BlackBerry Messenger icon disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

i have already deleted BBM off the application management but the app world is still saying that it is installed so i can't download it again. Help?

Elite II

Hi tashaahaarding

If you go to Options > Device > Application Management > Do you see BlackBerry Messenger on that list ? If you see then Highlight BBM press the Menu key > then hit Delete . Then perform a BATTERY PULL RESTART .

If still unable then from your BlackBerry Browser Click on the above link or here  www.blackberry.com/bbm it will notify that Will you want to replace the existing version Click on Yes and continue. After Installing do another Device restart and see if you are able to locate BBM icon on your homescreen. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

It has re-downloaded now Smiley Happy thank you!

Elite II

Hey tashaahaading

So are you able to view BBM icon on your Homescreen now !

New Contributor

yes i have it back now Smiley Very Happy thank you Smiley Very Happy

Elite II

Wow that's Great .. enjoy it Smiley Happy