Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't find any application on the Desktop Manager

Hi,

I am trying to install Chinese Language through the BB Destop Manager by using the latest software 460_b016_multilanguage_nomediamanager. I have successfully downloaded the software from the BB website through ATT service provider. I used Application loader option by running either Add/Remove Application or Update application. I can't find any application to add?

Any help on making that happen will be appreciated.

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Can't find any application on the Desktop Manager

When you have downloaded and installed device OS package delete Vendor.xml file

Usually it located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader folder

Connect your Blackberry to the computer via USB.

Start BB Desktop Manager and launch Application Loader.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Check steps below for OS upgrade -

Step #1

Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer.

Step#2

Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.

Step#3

Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  3. Double-click Backup and Restore.
  4. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases.
  5. Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save.

Step#4

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Double-click the Application Loader icon.
  3. Click Next to start the installation process.
  4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
  5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next.
  6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process.
  9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly.
  10. Click Next > Finish.
  11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Hi tbilisoft,

I have followed the instructions you suggested, unfortunately I still can't find any application to install.

I am wondering could that be possible the desktop is pointing to the wrong folder for the application loader?

Any thought on that?
New Contributor

Hi tanzim,

I have also followed your suggession, I get the error message and couldn't backup the information from the BB device at all. Therefore it prevents me to move to the following steps below.

Do you know Where can I find the individual chinese language application file from the folder? I think the file is in *.alx or *ali format.

Any idea?
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Is your device recognizing by Blackberry Desktop Manager ?

When it starts at the left bottom corner of the  Blackberry Desktop Manager there is device PIN displayed.

If device is not recognized there is None instead of device PIN.

New Contributor

Hi tbilisoft,

My device is able to use desktop manager with no issue. I can perform the sync function. The only problem that i have is that i can't add any new software on the device. Couldn't that be possible ATT block their users on doing that?

Any idea?

My Device: 8310
My Carrier: Rogers

The "Application Loader" may be thea bar-shaped button called "IMPORT FILES"

The loader is then activated by pushing the "APPLY" button at the bottom.

Highlighted
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: Rogers

Application Loader

Click the INSTALL FILES button to start the loading. This will display folders on your PC.

Select the ALX file in the Directory/folder in which the ALX file is located.  You might have needed to extract this from a zip file using WINZIP or similar.

Click the APPLY buttoon at the bottom.  The rest should be clear.