Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN
Accepted Solution

Can't find loader.exe

Hi
Many references are made to using the loader.exe application in c:\program files\research in motion\apploader when reloading the Blackberry OS instead of using BBDTM.
I am a new Blackberry user and loaded the BBDTM, version 5.0.1.18, that came with my Bold 9700.
In my c:\program files\research in motion I have two folders, Blackberry and Blackberry Media Sync. In neither of these folders or sub-folders can I find a loader.exe application.
Is this a seperate download which I need to install?
If so, you please provide me with a link to the download.
Thank you in advance.

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Can't find loader.exe

I'm having the same problem but I think you only need to use "loader.exe" when you are updating your phone's OS. If you are using the OS that came with your phone, all you need is BB DM and you are set. If you want to download a newer version, you must go through apploader, deleting vendor file, loader.exe etc...

I don't know if that is what you were looking for...

If you want to update to a newer version (which is not neccesary but will give you some extra bonuses) and haven't yet been to Crackberry.com I would strongly suggest it. They have many, MANY good articles and forums for 1st-time users Smiley Happy 

My Carrier: MTN

As far as I can tell you can use BBDTM to update your phone OS. If you wish to downgrade the OS or if your phone has been bricked, you need to use loader.exe.

Perhaps this file is installed and carried over from earlier versions of BBDTM.

Can anyone explain why I don't have loader.exe and how I can get it installed on my PC?

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Apparently you are not in the correct  directory is part of your problem in locating the loader.exe.

C://Program Files/common files/Research in Motion/AppLoader

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!