Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
fis
My Device: Not Specified

Can't find pictures in Picture folders

I have a new 8900 Curve with some photos in the Blackberry/Pictures folder (some taken with the camera and placed there automatically, others moved onto the device using Blackberry Desktop Manager/Roxio software).

The problem is that none of these photos appear when I select "Change Icon" for MyFaves or "Add Picture" to a contact.  I see Media Card/BlackBerry/pictures, and no photos are there.  Or if I select Media/Pictures/All Pictures, I don't see them. 

The only way to see them is if I select Media/Pictures Explore/Media Card/Blackberry/pictures, which I can't do from the Edit Contact/Add Picture menu.

Make sense?  What's the fix? Thanks.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Can't find pictures in Picture folders

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Use the explore option again and when you get to pictures select show hidden.

If the pictures don't show up, look for a BBthubs.dat file, delete it.

Do a battery pull.

Then go to media, pictures and see if they show up.

BBthumbs.dat is a index file that lets the device pull up the media quicker.

Thanks,

Bifocals

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.
Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Javellin 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Similarly, I recroded a very important voice note and made sure i saved it.

But as soon as i went to the Voice notes folder,its not appearing.

I tried the battery pull,still wont work.

But new voice notes are getting saved..pls help.

I have a curve 8900.

My Device: bold 9780 & user
My Carrier: 012-2898458

hi, i'm also having this kind of problem, i think i might have virus in my BB bold 9780. when i want to open picture it can't. until i go to media,explore, media card, show hidden, blackberry, camera. Then i only able to see my picture there? What is actually happen? & 1 more thing when i go to see my pic as normal that screen only keep on showing ( No picture. You can take picture with the camera or sync with your computer. to learn more, visit www.blackberry.com/mediasync.) That's the words appear on the screen. Can any1 help? Please! Smiley Sad