Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

Can't get ASCII Importer to bring in email address

I just recieved a new phone to replace a defective unit.  Curve 8330.  My connector was bad and I couldn't sync the old one anymore.  I uploaded all my contacts using the ASCII importer, or so I thought.  When I went to send an Email - nothing.  None of the email addresses were uploaded.  Everything else went up.  I check the field mapping and my file names are same as the intended fields on the BB - except there seems to be no 'Email Address' field.  I swear there used to be one.  Since there are no email addresses, I add one to one of the contacts in the phone and dowload this to ASCII file converter.  It calls the email address 'Internet Address1'.  I change the name of the header column in my upload file to 'Internet Address1' - it still wont bring up the addresses!  Help! 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't get ASCII Importer to bring in email address

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

If you still have the prior unit available, I suggest using the dedicated backup/restore function rather than ASCII.

• KB12487 How to backup data on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB10339 How to restore data from a backup file to a BlackBerry smartphone

If the old device is no longer available, then here are some KB's that discuss ASCII import...not sure if any are useful:

• KB04312 Create and synchronize with an ASCII export file
  • KB04346 Field mapping list for the PIM Data Migration Wizard

There are plenty of other KB's...I suggest you search on "Field Map" or some other relevant topic within the BTSC:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't get ASCII Importer to bring in email address

Got it to work by mapping other unused fields (e.g. User Defined1) to the “Internet Address1” fields.

Bold 9780

BB Desktop SW 6.1.0.36 on Windows XP