Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can't get Livestrong on new phone.

Step One: Okay here we go....go a replacement blackberry pearl and want to get livestrong calorie counter on it.  Already purchased it through paypal with my old phone in June.  On my new phone go to My App World, it is not there, from there I am told to "log in" and I will be able to redownload it.  When I try to "log in" to paypal from my app world I get an error message that says "unable to authenticate at this time, please try again later".  I have been trying for three days.  I go to my computer, log on to Pay pal with no problem and see were I purchased livestrong back in june 09.

Step two:  So I figure, no big deal, I can purchase it again...it is only $2.99.  When I try to do that I get an error message that says "you have already purchased this application, please go to "My world" and choose Log in from the menu to reconcile your purchase (error id: 20304). 

Step Three:  Of course I do this and step one happens all over again...

How can i get the livestrong app again??!!  Help, I used to love my blackberry, but I am "loosing that lovin feeling!!!"

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Can't get Livestrong on new phone.

hello,

your only issue is that you cannot login to AppWorld. This is linked to your Paypal account.

Can you verify in your Paypal account that everything is fine, that you do not have an expired credit card or something ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

hello,

your only issue is that you cannot login to AppWorld. This is linked to your Paypal account.

Can you verify in your Paypal account that everything is fine, that you do not have an expired credit card or something ?

Thank you for your concern....I am not sure what you mean by "you cannot login to App World.  I cannot log into my world throught pay pal to get the app I want (see above).  I did check my paypal on a computer and it is working fine.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

what I mean by that is that from the time you will be able to go to AppWorld and login with your Paypal account, all the other issues will disappear.

Now, there is something wrong with your Paypal account that forbids you to use it to connect to AppWorld. I understand that you can login to your Paypal account using a computer, but that is not enough. You need to verify that every account in your paypal account works fine. For example if you leave an old credit card that has expired, that will not prevent you from using Paypal, but that will prevent you from logging to AppWorld.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Now, there is something wrong with your Paypal account that forbids you to use it to connect to AppWorld. I understand that you can login to your Paypal account using a computer, but that is not enough. You need to verify that every account in your paypal account works fine. For example if you leave an old credit card that has expired, that will not prevent you from using Paypal, but that will prevent you from logging to AppWorld.

THANKS, you were right.  I logged on to Pay Pal on my computer and found out that  you have to add your mobile and then activated it.  You go to Profile and ADD/EDIT phone.  Then you have to activate it!!  I added my mobile!!!!

After that I log in at "my world" and it worked!!!!!  GOD BLESS YOU.

Two weeks of trying, many phone calls and emails to blackberry, verizon, paypal.  And NONE of them could tell me the answer.    YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!!