07-21-2010 08:40 AM
I made the mistake of getting hooked up to the Blackberry server at work. Their security settings blew away the Wireless Backup utility. I have since disconnected from the BB server at work and my account has been deleted from there server. I still can not get the Wireless Backup utility reinstalled. I downloaded the BB update from the T-Mobile website (despite the fact that I already had the latest version of the OS installed) because support told me that would reinstall WB. No such luck. I thought I could "downgrade" the OS, then "upgrade" back to the latest OS and that would restore it. I don't have the prior versions of the OS showing available in Desktop Manager so that doesn't seem to be an option. Apparantly WB can't be "pushed" as an "ota" install. One tech tried to tell me that the TMO WB is available for download from AppWorld. I couldn't find it (and neither could the tech, who kept insisting all the while that it was there).
Can someone please tell me how I can get the TMO WB reinstalled and reactivated on my 9700?
07-21-2010 09:27 AM
1. Do you still have the BES IT Policy on the device?
Look at Options > Security > Information. What's there?
2. After you've done the above, backup the device completely.
3. Likely, the TMo Wireless Backup application install is one pushed to the device by Tmoble.
Is this Tmobile US or ? I am not familiar with that app.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
07-22-2010 09:39 AM - edited 07-22-2010 10:44 AM
1) Message Outline Colors includes "Enterprise Messages". Below that, IT Policy Name: Default. I guess that means I've got the "IT Policy" on it? How do I get that off?
2) How will backing up my phone help solve that problem? I don't understand what you are intending here.
3) According to T-Mobile (US) they can't push it onto the phone, it has to be installed via the OS. The additional problem with that is Desktop will not re-install the core applications; The only installation options are to add/remove additional programs; I am not offered the option of "downgrading" the OS in order to re-install the latest OS. Seems I'm in a bit of a Catch-22.