Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Can't get the Switch Device Wizard to work - HELP:>

currently using version 4.3.0.17 of the Blackberry desktop manager and version 4.2 of the Palm desktop.  When I try to use the Switch device wizard, I get to the screen where it asks me to select the software, either the Palm Treo or the Windows Mobile and I can't go any further.  I can see the tick boxes but it won't let me select anything and the program doesn't do anything, i.e. no activity.  Any suggestions?  Has anyone actually gotten this to work?  Thanks,

Pat

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Can't get the Switch Device Wizard to work - HELP:>

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Try this link and see if it answers your questions:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=6192&query.id=147130#...

Please let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

You are likely using an unsupported version of Palm Desktop software which you can confirm by checking this article:

Options in the Switch Device Wizard are grayed out and unavailable

Alternatively, you could refer to the Palm documentation on how to export Palm data into Outlook, then you could just sync it with the BlackBerry.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Had a lot of problems when I started.  Did you get your Desktop Manager Switch device from the BB User Tools CD which came with your BB?  If so, don't connect your BB to computer when you run the Tools CD.  If you did, rerun CD and clear any bugs (option provided).  Then, use the switch program in desktop manager.  It actually syn my Palm Desktop to my BB without a hitch.  My Palm was fried so I did not even hook up my Palm to the computer.  So, you have to syn your Palm to Palm Desktop first.  Hope this helps.