Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can't hear callers

My phone is the 8330 from Verizon. It still happens. It just happened on my last call to my wife. It's just the earpice speaker that cuts out. The mic is fine and the caller can still hear you.

I absolutely love this phone and its features, but this has become quite annoying.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330

Experienced the same promblem for the first time this morning. Is there a way to block MMS or turn off the sound to get around this? I've received MMS in the past with no problem until this morning. This is not an issue that I want to deal with - especially on a business phone.

Do you know if it only happens if you open the MMS?

New Contributor

I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me nuts.

Just talked to Verizon's Customer Service, and was told that they had never heard of such a thing. Must have been just that person, I think.. I referenced THIS thread, and now I'm on hold for tech support. Go figure. Smiley Happy

Tech support acknowledged the issue, and is looking at their internal docs for a fix from RIM....

Apparently the last bulletin indicates that it's the Curve and the Pearl that are affected, temp. resolution is to remove and replace the battery. Gee. That's helpful.

Specifically, the issue is when an audio file is received and played, the phone goes belly up and audio fails.

There is supposedly a fix forthcoming, and here's how to watch for it:

1. Go to http://www.verizonwireless.com/data
2. Select your device mfg, then select your phone on the page that loads.

3. On the next page, look down below in the "Blackberry" section - there's a link to, "Download Software" . Click it.
4. Somewhere here is where the update will come.. what's there right now is "release 202" from back in April of this year.

Also, you will need to have the desktop software loaded in order to process and push the new firmware down onto your blackberry.

Hope this helps.  the girl I was talking to muttered something under her breath and then said, "If it helps, I've got a Pearl - and apparently this issue affects the Pearl, as well as the Curve."

Guess we'll see what happens.

Visitor

I am now on my third curve from Verizon.. They told me today that a software update has come out addressing this audio problem.. However I cant seem to locate the update.. Has anyone found it??? I havent received an MMS message on this phone yet today however after having the phone a whole 8 hours it has already started the audio issue...
New Contributor

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i am having a problem with noio sound at all.......i called my verizon tech and he told me the control was on the side and to adjust the volume when some one calls well duhhhhh i would if i could hear the caller...i love my bb but im telling you this is becomming a pain in the neck.my husband's doesnt loose sound only mine and this is th 4th time my phone has lost sound since i bought it 3 weeks ago........helppppppppp pleaseeee.....
New Contributor

well, believe it or not i did what a few of you said you did as far as taking your battery out and putting it back in........it works now....oh please tell me i wont have to do this every time.............also there was an earlier post about audio messages or text sent that might be the problem, i have a friend that sends me at least 4 a day, do you think this could truely be the problem?.if so, then i wont open any more of them and i will tell her not to send them until some one can come up with a solution............thanks again...........
New Contributor

"SmashedBob" - I'm all ears.  Where'd Verizon say that teh patch was? I haven't seen it on the place where they told me to watch..

D.

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

During calls It switches to headset then handset Cant hear anything...

I havea problem with my BB 8520... when ever i make a call or recieve a call it switches from headset to handset making me not able to hear the caller and vise versa.. But If I add a headset on the phone.. it will let me use the loudspeaker... I tried Wiping the phone.. And it still doesnt work, Hard and soft resets have been done.. everything works except for the ear piece... I beginning to wonder if its an internal problem where I insert the headset jack in... Pls help out! Smiley Sad