Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Not Specified

Can't hear phone ring

Hi, My blackberry bold profile is set to normal (active) and I can not hear it ring.  I know that my volume level is OK as I can hear the ringtone when I go in to select a new ringtone.  I have tried altering the profile to Loud and I still can't hear it.  This is a replacement blackberry as my earlier version froze on me.

Thanks

Sydney

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Can't hear phone ring

Try pulling the battery our whilst the phone is turned ON.

Otherwise check you have the latest version of Software on the device.

Check this under options > About... Tell us what it says..

A 9530 with Verizon should have ... hmmmm it doesn't say on the website.

either way, do a software reload by getting the OS for the device from here > http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/download.aspx?ct=personal#null

And follow this link for instructions > How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using the Application Loader tool

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

This one took me a while to figure out.  Go to the icon where your volumes are (Profile) and then go to advance. Select your menu key and select edit. You then edit each profile separately and make sure you select menu again and save it after each one.
Cyg
Visitor

[ Edited ]

I came across this site when trying to find out why my husband's bb 9000 was no longer ringing loudly. I tried everything. Pulling the battery out, going to the advanced options under "profile" and editing to "loud". Nothing worked. When I took the back cover off I was pushing on the top part where the speaker is to put the cover back on. When I was pushing it in I noticed the speaker got louder when I pushed and quieter when I let off. I think there might be a short or the screws need to be tightened. The speaker is back to being loud now after squeezing the top part of the phone in. Anyway just thought I'd put this out there in case it might help someone else.

Message Edited by Cyg on 06-06-2009 02:14 AM
Visitor

[ Edited ]

take off the back door and push down a small plastic like (white or light gray color) thats located above the camara flash, you need to take a real close look cuse you not going to see it unless you look real close, there's a small opening above the camar flash its like 1" long and 1mm tall, right on the middle of that opening is this plastic, you need to push down that plastic, some people said they pushed it down with their finger nail ( I used the tip of one of those little scissors to push it down ) and my problem was fixed!! now my ringtone, keytone, trakball, etc. are loud and clear, the way they supposed to be!!!

NOTE: you don't need to take off the battery.

Message Edited by nancymendez76 on 10-13-2009 11:59 AM
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Hi,

Do you mean EXACTLY like the problem that is STICKIED AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM????

THE ONE THAT WAS PUT THERE SO PEOPLE COULD GET CONVENIENT ACCESS TO IT TO RESOLVE THEIR ISSUES FAST???

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&thread.id=26020

(the one you so conveniently ignored) ....

(sometimes I wonder why I ever bother).... 

Smiley Sad 

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
My Device: BlackBerry Bold
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

I would've never thought of squeezing the top of the phone... but it actually worked... So, what did you do to get it fixed? Did you have to send it in for repair?

Thanks!

Highlighted

Thank you so so much! I was searching for an answer to this as I have the same problem and I did what you said with the little white bit and it worked straight away.  I am amazed. Again thank you so much!