Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Can't hear the other person during a phone call....????

I have a Blackberry Curve and I can make and recieve calls and the other person can hear me but I can not hear them. Any ideas???

Thanks!

Re: Can't hear the other person during a phone call....????

That's funny, I have the opposite problem.  I can hear them but they can't hear me.  I have an 8300 which I just bought and everything else works fine.  I've posted my problem in several forums including Crackberry.com.  Good luck to you and hope we both find solutions.
New Contributor

I have been having the same problem since I got my 8330 about a month ago.  After playing around with it for a while, I have finally figured out that when I receive and play a text message that has sound, I have the problem.  The only way to correct the problem is to remove the battery and reset it.  I have reported the issue to verizon.  They have verified the problem by letting me send them text with sound and it done the same thing to them.  They tell me that them and Blackberry are working on an update to correct the problem.

I am having the same problem, I've had my Curve for three weeks now and it just started doing this yesterday morning. I didn't realize until after I read your post that my issue is with texts that have a sound file also. I tested it just now and that is what the problem is. How will we know when they get a "fix" in place?
New Contributor

If you have Verizon you can go here.............http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/download.aspx?ct=personal

your current version should be 4.3     Just keep checking here and when you see the date and version change, you know they got it. 

My Device: Blackberry Storm2
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have exactly the same problem with my Blackberry Storm 2 ... I have full signal and they can hear me fine, but all I can hear is the odd word and just them crackling.. Thank fully I know it isn't just me, perhaps something wrong with all blackberrys. Has anyone gone to the shop to try to get it fixed? I might see what vodafone suggest. Thats another point, everyone is on a different network right? its not just one network being annoying.. 

Hopefully someone finds what is wrong, Im resulting to swapping my sim to my really ancient phone to get a good conversation.. then have to wait for the blackberry to reboot everytime I put the sim back in.. Very annoying. 

My Device: Blackberry Storm 2
My Carrier: Vodafone

I'm having the same problem as you (LivWick) with my Storm 2, on Vodafone as well.

Every time I make a call or receive one it goes all crackly & I have to use a different phone. This happened to me when I first got my blackberry in November, but as I had only had the phone a month, they let me swap it at the Vodafone store for a new Storm 2. It worked fine for a while, but now has started again. I wonder if anyone has a solution, because you pay all this money a month, and you can't even make a phone call. 

I hope someone can help! Thanks

My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: T-mobile

Taking the battery out and then putting it back in worked for me too! Thanks so much for the help!

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

im experiencing that right now but none of your solutions are working for me.