Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't install 4.3 Desktop Manager

Hello all, I have an 8310 Curve and I'm attempting to load the 4.3 Desktop Manager using Vista...I've tried three times: the first two shot me an error that read: "430_b025_english_nomediamanager.exe is not a valid Win 32 Application"; the third one didn't even finish downloading....it gave me an error I didn't write down, but it was something to the effect of  "this file is not authorized to work on this computer" or something like that...I'm trying ultimately to install a couple of dictionaries from Handango, and also a Sudoku game from them...can anyone help me PLEASE? I live and work on the Carnival Ecstasy sailing out of Galveston, TX, so internet is expensive- have already used two internet access cards at $20 each (for 300 mns at about 7.5kbs second :-( messing with this crap...anyway, thanking y'all in advance, Aaron Worley   
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't install 4.3 Desktop Manager

Download the 4.2 SP2 version, 4.3 is really buggy on VISTA.  Get the version without Media Manager.  When you connect your phone to the PC if you have a media card insalled, you can drag and drop files in My Computer.  It will see your phone as a mass storage device.  If you don't have a media card installed on the phone, you won't need the media manager anyway.
New Contributor

Hello Phranc- I already have version 4.2.2.163; the Handango Customer Service says I need to have 4.3 installed and also the latest version of the BB handheld software, in order to install their product...I'm at a complete loss here...thanks

I have the same problem. I just got the BB Curve 8310 today. I put the software disk into my laptop which has Windows Vista and the software would not install. I tried it multiple times, and every attempt I got this message:

"The wizard was interupted before Blackberry Desktop Software could be completely installed.

Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run the setup again.

Click finish to exit the wizard."

I did not do anything on my computer after I pressed install. I do not know what could be interupting it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi All, Just bought the 8310 Curve for my wife. I called tech support and he seemed relieved that I was using Windows XP and not Vista. He also said that 4.3 hasn't really been proven yet and they don't as yet provide support for that version (4.3). Maybe it's the Window's Vista that is the problem, just guessing. Good luck.  I'd like to know if it matters that I'm restoring my wifes Curve without the SIM card in it. Anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance,

Fireeyes

Can't install 4.3 Desktop Manager = Vista

I too was unable to get 4.3 to install correctly on a Vista PC.  It installs just fine on an XP PC.  Other than the updated User Interface (which adds no value or functionality), 4.2 SP2 works much better.

Re: Can't install 4.3 Desktop Manager = Vista

i have xp and i wasnt able to install the version that came with my blackberry cuve 8310  i've also tryed the version 4.3 and i kkeep getting ----  error 1720      RIM_InstallOptionalITAdminFiles        Script error    -  2147024770:Line 8, Column 1        please some body help!!!!!
New Contributor

Hi, I too bought an 8310 today and have spent so far 6 hours trying to install on Vista using every twist available via the Blackberry so-called support pages and have got nowhere.  Naturally, I'm delighted with their sparkling product; reading the postings on this topic, it seems doubtful that anyone will be able to resolve the problems we individually face, however, for good measure I'll add mine. 

In my latest attempt I downloaded 4.3 from the website (without media player), extracted all files as a .zip and ran the executable as Administrator.  It runns the installer right to the end (I guess) then gives me "Error 1935.  An error occured during the installation of assembly component (97.... F18E) HRESULT 0x80073683".  It then rolls back and kicks me out.

Pretty hacked off, shame they don't offer any 'real' support.   Sign of the times, i guess.   John

New Contributor

An update. I found my laptop had some uninstalled Vista updates and these prevented the software from loading.  Once installed, the software worked fine. 

New Contributor

hi i am having the same problem. i have tried installing al version from the bb website and thy downloaded but didnt work. i have also tried installation from the origibal cd that comes with the bb and it does not install. anyone knows the solution?? when will this be sorted?? both microsoft and bb dot have any ideas yet? i have been on the website of both.

rgds

danish