Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Unlocked

Can't install OS after a wipe

Hello,

I used BBSAK to wipe my BB Strom 9530. I installed an OS for storm on my system. But when I run the loader it says that the files are not compatible with thte device. Mine is an unlocked BB Storm that I had bought in India. It was company unlocked.

Kindly help as now my BB is rendered useless and keeps on showing error 507 continuously.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't install OS after a wipe

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If the OS package you installed to your PC is not from the same carrier as your BB was originally manufactured for (determined by the hard-coded VendorID in the BB firmware ROM), then you need to delete VENDOR.XML file(s) from your PC before you attempt to use Loader to install the OS to the BB. If you are unsure, then delete VENDOR.XML anyway.

The 507 is the correct result after the BBSAK Wipe...once you get Loader to recognize the BB, you should be able to proceed. You might have to unplug the USB cord from the BB and immediately put it back in...sometimes that helps.

On the other hand, if the warning message is to be taken at it's word ("not compatible"), then that would open up the question as to the exact OS package. You can only use OS packages for the exact same model number...e.g., you cannot use a 9500 OS package on a 9530. Not sure if that's the case in your situation, but that would be one interpretation of the error message.

Then again, do you have, installed to your PC, more than one BB OS package? If so, remove all but the one you want to install to your BB now. Sometimes, having more than one installed to the PC causes confusion with LOADER.

Then again still...if BBSAK does not recognize the OS package you need, then bypass it and instead run LOADER.EXE manually.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Unlocked

Thanks. It worked. I downloaded the package meant for EastAsia with my distributor name.

zmy
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Telecom

[ Edited ]

i have a real problem 

By the way , I have a blackberry curve 8520 

can you help me ?

i did a wipe 

& blackberry Desktop manager couldn't detect my device

besides , i deleted the file 'vendor.xml' 

and when i opened the file loader , here is what i have found :  (the picture)

<open the pictures on a new window to see them in full size>

what appears in my blackberry 

can you help me ? (using teamviewer if it is possible) ?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

First, your last question:

zmy wrote:

can you help me ? (using teamviewer if it is possible) ?

Yes, I can help you. But no, not via TeamViewer. This site is a user-to-user community, and we all have only the free time we have to dedicate here to help out. In your situation, many have resolved their issues using various tricks provided. I cannot, however, read your screen shots...I do not know the language you have posted them in.

A 507 is clear...there is no OS installed on your device. From what you report, what I cannot tell is if you have first installed, to your PC, the BB OS package you wish to install to your BB. Installing the BBOS package first to the PC is required prior to attempting to then install it to your BB.

To be sure, here is a complete process:

The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below. (Moot in your situation since your BB is already wiped clean.)

2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now, proceed with trying to use these tricks:

If any state to use an update website, substitute instead LOADER.EXE on your computer.

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
zmy
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Telecom

thank you it was really helpfull 

but the real problem 

is that : 

the reason why i did the wipe was to unlock the hardlock (as i read in some forums ) 

but unfortunately , it didn't work 

i wander if there is a legal solution to reset the mep 

because , in my country they don't make "blackberry " (absence of factories)

i received it as a gift (from france)

& thank you !

Hall of Famer III

Well, THAT is an entirely different situation, What you read about elsewhere is simply not true. There is nothing the end user can (legally) do when the device becomes MEP locked to it's original carrier.

If you have used up all of your chances to enter the correct unlock code, there is nothing further you can do. Even if you happen to have now the correct code, it is useless. Only the factory can now (legally) unlock your BB. Typically, I've heard that the cost of having BlackBerry do this for you will be greater than the cost of just buying a new one. But, you are able to ask them...see here:

Note, however, that this process will start with a fee...

If you obtained your unlock code from somewhere but it was incorrect, your recourse could be with them -- however, they may well question why you exhausted all 10 attempts before contacting them.

If your BB was already MEP locked and you obtained it from a source that represented it as being able to be unlocked, then your recourse would be with the seller you obtained it from.

Good luck!