Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tour

Can't install app from PC.

Let me say up front that I am new to the BB world.  However I have been a programmer for 40 years so I usually can get things to work but...

I was unable to instlal the user tools from the disk that came with the phone but I downloaded the latest Desktop Manager.  I was able to see the SD card once I had that running and I had no problem copying songs to the SD card.

I then tried to install Aerize Optimizer 2008 .

No Go!!

It keeps telling me that it can't find the device.  I've tried it with the Desktop Manager open and closed to no avail.

I have had no problem installing a few apps when the email was sent to the phone.

What am I doing wrong?

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB Tour 9630 / Sprint

Re: Can't install app from PC.

you say tried with DTM open, but did you USE DTM to point the way to the app you wanted installed. ie goto Dtm app loader , and then navigate it to the app , click open on dialog box and it should "find it"

Smiley Sad

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote! - - Benjamin Franklin
New Contributor
My Device: Tour

Thanks.  That worked.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB Tour 9630 / Sprint

great glad to help. dont forget to click the accepted solution button on the post that worked for you to let others know to jump right to my reply.

and welcome to forum!!!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote! - - Benjamin Franklin