Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Can't log in to App World on my phone???

i need help!!!!!!!! i download my App World since last year and i still can log in to my account....my phone has an update that i can get it cause of the problem with App World. Everytime i want to log in i get an error:

"Unable to validate the email address and Password conbination. (Error ID:30601)

i create a log in on my blackberry page, but  when i log in it pops up a box : our apologies!! sorry the page you requeste cant be found. You can go back and try again, or start again at home." and when i click home it goes to my page but doesnt work for my cell.

please help!!!!!Smiley Sad 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't log in to App World on my phone???

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB24127The error "Unable to validate the email address and password combination. (Error Id: 30601)" is encountered when logging into BlackBerry App World

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: sprint

i am not,,,,getting..any error mesage....per se,...just wont acknowledge password..and i've changed it several times online yet it won't cooperate for me.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

unccharlie wrote:

i am not,,,,getting..any error mesage....per se,...just wont acknowledge password..and i've changed it several times online yet it won't cooperate for me.

Hello,

"Acknowledge"...hmmm...I'm not quite sure how to interpret that. Perhaps a more complete description would help us? Also, see this KB perhaps:

• KB24200Screen loops when BlackBerry ID or PayPal authentication is verified in BlackBerry App World 2.0

The "last resort" fix is to find the original "welcome" email you would have received from appWorld/BBID. In that is a link to delete your account. You can then re-create the account using the same credentials, which will re-link any prior purchases. If you don't have any prior purchases, then you can simply create a brand new BBID using a different email address.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

1. Go to http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore.
  2. In the upper right area of the website, click the Sign In link.
  3. This will bring up a BlackBerry ID log in page. Use your existing BlackBerry® ID account to log in.
  4. If the account page or sign up page is presented, complete the details for this to finish the BlackBerry ID registration process.
  5. -------------------------------------------------------------------------
  6. this is the issue here. i have no problem signing in with my pc.....it just won't let me do it on the phone.  this is what i need to get around. i enter my email,..then enter password and it claims password is wrong...on-the-phone.  i can do anything i want from the pc.  just not on the phone when it is disconnected from the pc....
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

unccharlie wrote:

then enter password and it claims password is wrong...on-the-phone.

Ahhhh...you see! That's quite different (more detailed) from what you said before! And completely changes my advice!

Consider this. The BB keyboard is so small that each key must do many different functions, and they change based on the various key modifiers (alt, caps, etc.). As a result, when you type the password on the BB, you may be pressing the proper keys, but the characters being sent may not be what you expect. Key modifiers (alt, caps, etc.) change what each key does. You must be sure that the proper characters are being sent...not just that the proper keys are being pressed. If you watch very closely, you should get just a moment to see each character in the clear before it changes to an * in the password field.

Give that a try and see if it changes the result.

Good luck!

New Contributor

not being used-to the fancy equipment since i'm 57 and not 27....i just figured out i have-to use the key for upper case so i am entering numbers instead of letters....TY for telling me to look closer. i did not realize i had to do this. okay,...so i'm an **bleep**...sue me. 

thanks

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

i can't believe it bleeped out

{word filter avoidance}.

Hall of Famer III

unccharlie wrote:

not being used-to the fancy equipment since i'm 57 and not 27....i just figured out i have-to use the key for upper case so i am entering numbers instead of letters....TY for telling me to look closer. i did not realize i had to do this. okay,...so i'm an **bleep**...sue me. 

thanks

Sorry...but I can't really tell if you are upset or not. I certainly did not mean to offend. Plus, I am nowhere close to 27...much closer to your age, actually...50.

I am glad that you got it figured out. Good luck to you.

PS - the site has an automatic word filter built into it. I've no idea what words they filter, but it does happen. It's not a personal affront by any means.

New Contributor

Sorry...but I can't really tell if you are upset or not. I certainly did not mean to offend. Plus, I am nowhere close to 27...much closer to your age, actually...50.

=======

no no.  not mad.   i feel foolish.  i didnt realize i had to use an UP key. my fault for not knowing i guess.   but this is my first fancy phone. i am trying to slowly upgrade my life and make many mistakes doing so.

ah well huh?

and again TY very much.