Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Alaska Communications System
Accepted Solution

Can't log in to Blackberry ID account - error message about user name

When I try to log in to update my email accounts, I get a message saying "Username entered is invalid. Usernames must be at least 4 characters long." My username and password work when I log in on the website, but I can't update my email account from there. My service provider is unable to help me with this; they want to phase out Blackberry phones and have no techs trained to provide assistance. Help please - I can't access my email from my Style!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Can't log in to Blackberry ID account - error message about user name

Hi nana-chan,

Welcome to the support community!

Just to clarify, are you receiving this error when actually logging into the Email Setup application on your BlackBerry Style smartphone or when trying to add the email account itself? Are you using the same login information that you use to login to your wireless service provider's BlackBerry Internet Service administration web site and not your BlackBerry ID?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi, FrankieS,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm trying to log in to the Email Setup Application on the phone so I can change the password for one of my email accounts. I'm using my Blackberry ID log-in information - all the information I could find about this said to use that log-in info. 

I have been able to get in touch with someone in my service providers tech support department. They've tried a couple of things that didn't work, but the tech supervisor is supposed to call me back this afternoon to work on it. They said it was possible we might have to do a hard re-set on the device, but they are looking into other options.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly welcomed. I love my Style and do not really want to move to Android or Apple (even tho I use Apple for everything else!)

Thx - 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hey nana-chan ,

To login to your Email Setup application, you need the same login information you would use to login to your wireless service provider's BlackBerry Internet Service web site from a computer. Since you are using BlackBerry Device Software 6.0, this is separate from your BlackBerry ID. If you are unsure of your login credentials, I suggest contacting your service provider again to obtain this information.

These KB articles should provide more information. "How to set up a BlackBerry Internet Service email address from the BlackBerry smartphone" http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB15499 and "Unable to log in to a BlackBerry Internet Service account" http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB11261

Hope that helps,

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Good morning, 

And thank you for that info! I'm rushing to get out the door for work, but have a time set up to talk with the local ACS office this morning, so I'll ask the rep if he can get that login info for me. I wondered if that was the problem - I saw that in an article, but wasn't sure it applied to my case. 

I did spend about 45 minutes on the phone with the service provider tech support yesterday, but nothing we tried worked. I'll get back to you and let you know what happens today.

Again, many thanks!

New Contributor

Hi, FrankieS - After your last post, I found the ACS BIS, but didn't have my user name. They did send me my password, tho. I finally found a tech at ACS support who used the info I gave her and some old notes she found to pull up my user name. We reset my password and I was able to get into my account to update my email info and validate the account! I'm up and running and now have all the info I need to get on again if I need to.

Thank you so much for your help and for sending me in the right direction - I won't have to give up my Blackberry!

Nana-chan