Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
Accepted Solution

Can't make or Receive Calls!

The phone turns on but there is a small icon on the top left hand corner that shows the word "OFF".  Can someone tell me what this is?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Can't make or Receive Calls!

[ Edited ]
Just click on "manage connections" icon and click the box next to mobile connections. You turned you radio signal off.
Message Edited by lorriem1222 on 08-18-2008 11:54 AM
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi, I just got my Blackberry today and that keeps happening to me too, except when I turn mine off, it immediately turns back off, when I say immediate we're talking within 60sec. It has been doing this all night...I know I have service and it's fully charged, any advice?

I am doing exactly what I am supposed to do (clicking on Manage connections and asking it to turn on all connections), but it just won't connect. It keeps saying off, no matter where I am (even in areas where usually the connection strength is very strong).

What is the problem?

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Try clicking on ONLY the wireless provider connection... ATT, Tmobile, whoever it is for you, not ALL connections.

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. 

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

Thanks! Removing the battery worked!
Highlighted

Yes, I have the same problems with my radio turning off after my device was turned off and then turned on, but my battery was fully charged!  My 8330 is only 4 weeks old and this just started this week.

I DID take the battery out and re-boot many times and yes, this works but there has to be a better way!  I refuse to do this every time I magically lose the radio.  I am a flight attendant and have to turn my phone on and off many times each day and can't believe I'll have to take the battery out to reset the radio each time.  This is simply unacceptable.  Should I take the device back to the Sprint store?  Please remember that my BlackBerry is new and the battery is fully charged.