Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't "Quick Find" Contacts Anymore After Deleting Categories

A few days ago, I deleted a few of the categories I used for the contact database on my device (Work, Restaurants, etc). Now, when I look to send an email or call one of those contacts that used to be in a deleted category, I can't use the "quick find" (or "quick fill," not sure what Bberry calls it) to type the first few letters of the person's name. I can still find them if I go to my address book and scroll far enough to find the name, and then send a message or call, but only then.

How can I fix this so contacts that used to be in "Work" or "Restaurants" pop up once again just by typing the first few letters?

Been a happy Bberry 8330 Sprint Curve user for a year, until it froze this morning (different post/thread). Found this forum, thought I'd post this question too. Thanks!

- Greg

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Can't "Quick Find" Contacts Anymore After Deleting Categories

Hi and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

A couple of things to try. First make sure you are not accidentally filtering your contacts.  Clear any check boxes in your contacts-filter option.  Second, if that doesn't work try pulling the battery out with the device ON. Wait about a minute and put the battery back in. Let the BB completely restart and see if that doesn't help. Clears out the memory and refreshes the BB; like rebooting your pc. When you have anomalous behavior in your BB a battery pull often helps to clear it up too.

Happy to have you here and let us know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem and neither of your tricks work. 

Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Have you thought about restoring your address book from a recent backup prior to when you deleted those categories?  Also make sure you don't hav any filters checked "on"

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.