Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

Can't receive any emails on Bold

I updated my OS to a newer version (6.0) and I can no longer receive any emails on my phone.  It trys to connect but the message comes back that it cannot connect to the server.  I backed up my phone today, can I go back to a previous back up and restore it to that?  That back up is 2 years old, how does that affect my phone, ie., contacts, etc. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Can't receive any emails on Bold

Contact your carrier and make sure your data plan is still provisioned properly. What kind of network coverage do you have? 1XEV? 1xev? 3G? 3g? What it says is important.

If you restore a backup from 2 years ago the device will have the same OS that it has now but the data will be as what was on the phone two years ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

My coverage is 3G and nothing has changed with Verizon.  I'm a little lost on why the emails just stop showing up.

New Contributor

I fixed the problem....I just took out my battery and put back in.  Phone began receiving emails from all my email addresses. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Excellent!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!