Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't receive email

For some unknown reason my Blackberry 8300 quite receiving emails.  i can send email and I am still receiving email in Entourage.  I've gone through all the tech support recommendations, including running a reset, checking filters, POP3 account specs, etc but still cannot receive emails.  Any suggestions?  I'm a bit desperate since I'm on the road and I've already spend hours on this problem.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Can't receive email

Have you tried re sending service books to your handheld? If not then try that. Another option would be deleting the mail integration and reintegrate the mail ID.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

I found the instructions for resending the service books and deleted the service books, but have run into a snag trying to resend.  The last steps:

3.  Click "General Settings"
4.  Scroll down to the bottom and click "Desktop [S48......] (3D..."
5.  Click "Regenerate Encryption..."
6.  Click "OK"

present a problem because there is no "Desktop" or any other option at the bottom...only ***no services***. Any recommendations?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

[ Edited ]

You send the service books by logging into your Blackberry Internet Service account. You will see a service book option when you log in.

Have you checked Entourage to ensure that a copy of the message is being left on the server? try closing Entourage and sending yourself an email. Wait 15-20 minutes with Entourage closed to see if you receive it on your BlackBerry.

You can also check the firewall on your BlackBerry. Go into options, security options, firewall. Ensure that BIS email is unchecked.

As another step you could send am email with a <confirm> tag (including the <> ) in the subject line. Send this from the computer. Wait 15-20 minutes to see if you get a message back confirming that the message was delivered to the handheld. If you get this confirmation message but do not see the email on the BlackBerry it could mean a corrupt message database, which is also easy enough to clear from within the desktop manager (backup/restore, advanced, click on messages on the right and click clear --- this will erase all your messages from your device don't do this unless you are sure it is a corrupt messages database)

If all this fails contact tech support and they can look at the email integration closer, it could be a slew of other reasons that are beyond your control.

Message Edited by Bolder on 06-26-2008 01:58 AM

[ Edited ]

I had a similar problem. Only could get emails if Entourage turned off or Send/Receive set up for intermittent checks. 

Accounts

Select each email account 

Options 

Click the box by "leave copy of message on server" 

Everyone probably already knew about such an easy fix but Bolder's advice on it worked for me.

Message Edited by robdvm on 09-04-2008 12:57 PM
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

I was having the same problem. Couldn't figure it out and then I found that the phone's firewall was blocking the messages. I removed the block and it works fine now. Hope this helps.