Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Can't receive/send files over bluetooth...

[ Edited ]

Hello all.

I cant send/receive files to & from any other phone (Bold 9700 running OS 5.1.0.146 with Organge UK) as well as my laptop (HP Pavilion dv6000 running 32 bit Windows 7 Home Premium) through bluetooth.

However in all occasions my BB pairs successfully pairs with all the phones & laptop. But it seems Windows can not find drivers for the BB bluetooth and as such Windows has marked the drivers for 'Bluetooth peripheral device' as missing.

I made sure my BB bluetooth is turned on, is discoverable and has an unique name.

Any help would be truly appreciated!

Best regards

Ashraf

وأعتقد أن في واحد والله وحده
Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Can't receive/send files over bluetooth...

[ Edited ]

Hey all.

Found a solution to the problem in the forums HERE. Although its for Curve I know it applies to all BB. The related KB is HERE.

Got it working on my laptop as well. Followed what xbabe82517  did:

''In the end, I had to delete the pairing on both the laptop and my phone. But then instead of setting up a new pairing, I selected a file in my computer and clicked 'Send to Bluetooth device'. Obviously there were no paired devices so I clicked the option to search for a new device. It found my phone and I then completed the steps - which were exactly the same steps as pairing them - but it then worked and the file sent to my phone!''

Hope this helps anyone else suffering from the same problem.

Regards

Ashraf

وأعتقد أن في واحد والله وحده