Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: EE

Can't receive texts! 8520

[ Edited ]

I've had my phone for about two and a half years and it's always been fine, but recently I haven't been receiving any of the texts sent to me. I can still send texts, I just can't receive any, not even from my provider. I noticed another person having the same problem on a social netwroking site and wondered if it had something to do with blackberry themselves.

I would really like this resolved quickly for obvious reasons.

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha B - Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Ooredoo

Re: Can't receive texts! 8520

Have you tried to contact your provider ? maybe you've changed the sms settings by fault ! try to make sure that everything is setted correctly !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. If any post helps you please thumb's up below .
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post Solution which solved it for you !!
Contributor
My Device: Blacckberry 9630
My Carrier: Digitel / Movistar

Re: Can't receive texts! 8520

I would agree with Devolco.

I cannot imagine any reason why the BB itself would not send any messages. From what I would say, there are two reasons why this is not working:

1. The message settings (like service center number), etc. are wrong or there are none at all. This information you can get on the website.

2. You do not have sufficient saldo on your phone (prepaid), or it is blocked (unpaid bills, etc.) Though in your case this does not seem to be the reason, since you can still send messages.

Actually, there might be a third reason for that:

3. Simply issues or problems on the end of your provider. I would ineed call your customer service, to see what they say and I am sure they will be able to help you out. This does not seem to be a BB issue.

IF you want however to be sure, you could put your simcard in another cellphone and see if you receive texts there. In addition, you coudl check the sms settings from another phone of the same provider, given you have a friend or family or whoever, who does use the same provider you use.

Hope this helps.