Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9930

Can't received yahoo sms on my Black Berry Bold

[ Edited ]

Ok.  I recently just switched to Verizon from Sprint as well as updated my Blackberry Curve to a Blackberry Bold.  I had my yahoo messenger on my computer programmed to "go mobile" and automatically send all messages to my yahoo messenger to my cell phone.  I also did this with AIM.  Aim continued to work and sent all my AIM messges to my new mobile...but I noticed I was showing "logged off" on yahoo messenger instead of "mobile."  I really like this feature better than having to remember to log into Blackberry Yahoo messenger.  I have a lot of yahoo contacts so having all my yahoo messages automically going to my mobile SMS was VERY convienient for me when I wasn't logged into yahoo.

Anyway, although my phone number was logged into my yahoo messenger, this stopped working.  I deleted the number and re-entered my phone number with yahoo messenger and it refused to send me a confirmation code to my phone.  Whenever anyone sends me a SMS from yahoo, I receive NOTHING.  My mobile has NO text blocks on it.  I already checked on that.  Anybody have a clue as to why this is happening??  I spent a lot of time with yahoo support and verizon support and they both blame each other and give no solutions.

One last thought!  My roommate and I have a shared plan.  I have a new BlackBerry Bold, she has a brand new Curve 9370.  I sms'd her phone from yahoo.  No problem! Yahoo easily accepts her cell phone #!