Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't remove applications

I have 2 applications on my device that don't show up on the applications screen, but they do show up under modules. The problem is, the delete option is not available for these two modules. Can anyone tell me how to remove these apps?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Can't remove applications

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Please specify the following:

type phone and OS being used

What applications

Define :modules screen" I Don't recognize that screen

Have you tried to delete via desktop?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I am using an 8230 curve with the latest OS. The applications are ascendo health calculator and trackit custom. Both are demo versions.

When you are in the applications screen (options,advanced,applications) you can get an option called modules. Under modules a lot more applications appear. I found this from looking through the board for removing applications and I thought I was all set, but those modules seem to have eliminated the delete item. 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Did you originally delete the apps by deleting them in the applications screen, or did they never show up?

Did you try using the APPS loader in the Desktop software Manager to see if they are still listed?

You may be able to delete them there.

If were able to delete the apps, or they have expired (you said trial apps) Please do a battery pull with the phone ON leave it out for a minute, and replace. Let the phone fully reboot 1-3 minutes and see if the modules are still there.

Please let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I tried all that. I installed Ascendo with Pocketmac, when  try to delete it with pocketmac it hangs, Trackit was installed directly to the blackberry and doesn't show up on the desktop. Neither one ever showed up under applications only modules, Restarting didn't help. I tried emailing Ascendo support with no reponse. I think they are a joke, because the trial software just gives the message that the option doesn't work on the trial version. Nice trial! Trackit at least works, but I don't want to use it so I would like to delete it. I think I try asking them how to delete it. Maybe they will be more responsive.