Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Can't reply to emails

I just got a replacement 8310.  I did Enterprise activation.  It synced with corp network.  Only issue, when I hit reply or reply all, I can type a message, but it does not give me the send button in the menu option.  I can forward an email.

Re: Can't reply to emails

blankra, did you ever get any assistance with this?  i have two co-workers who are experiencing the same issue...

thanks

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

[ Edited ]

Hello blankra and doug123,

Have the user go into one of the emails that can not be replied to and scroll to the top of the message to see what the "received using" is and note it here if the following does not fix the issue.

Go into options, advanced options, service book

Highlight the desktop[cmime] service book, click the menu button and select delete

Have the BES admin resend the service books from the BES

Send a test email to the device and see if you can reply to it **note this most likely will not fix the ability to reply to those older emails, but you will be able to reply to emails received from the time of the fix forward

Cheers!

Message Edited by Bolder on 06-26-2008 05:56 PM

He recreated the service book but the problem still exists...when reading a message it says:

"Received from <Unknown>"

any suggestions?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

Hi doug123

Was it received FROM unknown or received USING unknown?  Go to options, advanced options, service book, highlight the desktop[cmime] and view it.  What does it say next to UID?  Is it a number starting with an S or is it an email address, or something else?

Things to try:

1- Go to options, security options, general settings.  Scroll to the bottom and highlight desktop under services.  Click the menu key in and select regenrate encryption key

2- Connect the BlackBerry to the PC and open the Desktop Manager.   Go to backup/restore then advanced.  On the right hand side locate and higlight service book and click clear.  Unplug the BlackBerry and on the BlackBerry go to options, advanced options, host routing table, click in the menu button and select register now.  Resend the service books from the BES.

3- If all else fails, you could always back up the BlackBerry, perform a security wipe and perform an Enterprise Activation.

Please remember that any of these solutions would most likely only apply to new mail that arrived after the solution was tried.  You will only be able to reply to new email, not the old email that is already on the device.

Cheers!