Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Can't restore contacts list back to BB Bold 9000

Hi All,

I just upgraded from platform 4.6 to 5.0. I performed a complete backup before I did the upgrade, and the upgrade process also backed up my data as well. Once the upgrade was complete, I noticed my contacts were in the list. Later I noticed that I couldn't get any emails from our BB Enterprise server. I was told I had to re-activate my email, which my BB Admin did, and now my email works, but now all of my contacts are gone!

When I tried to do a restore it doesn't restore my contacts. How can I restore my contacts from my backup file(s)?

I even added a new contact, backuped up my data, then deleted the contact, then did a restore, and my contact list was empty. The restore didn't work.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Can't restore contacts list back to BB Bold 9000

I have the same problem. I had a Torch 9800 and backed up my contacts on blackberry protect and on my PC via BB Desktop software.

But I cant restore my contacts from the BB protect or from the back up on my PC. Just doesnt give me the options.

Please advise on how to restore the contacts

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Can't restore contacts list back to BB Bold 9000

I have found the solution to our problem.

On the OS6 and OS5 platforms, you only had one adress book listing while in the OS7, you can have more than one.

1. Open up the contacts on main menu

2. From the menu in contacts, select the option for "Select Contact List"

3. Just choose the default adress book.

Now exit the contacts and restore the back up of your old contact either from your PC or from Blackberry Protect.

As simple as that