Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Can't run file

Greetings,

I've purchased McAfee Mobile Security, but it will not install. I've contacted McAfee,and they want me to download and run a file which is supposed to create a log of the problem.

I went to their download site on my phone, but when I tried to download it to my device, I got an error message saying "There is not enough free storage space available to save the content" (the file is 7 MB, and I have 180 MB of free storage on my device). I was however able to download it to my Media Card.

After downloading the MMS_3.0.0.602_Debug.apk file to my Media Card, the .rem extension was automatically added (I think because the file is now encrypted).

Any way, I'm trying to run the file. Clicking or trying to Open the file gives me an error message saying "Unable to display file". How can I run the file?

Thanks,

Shane.

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Idea

Re: Can't run file

Highlighted
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Re: Can't run file

Thanks.

The link that McAfee gave me downloads an Android Package File (.apk), which doesn't look like it can be installed on BlackBerry 6.

I'm still not sure why I couldn't download the file to my device (and was forced to download it to the media card instead).

Regards

Shane.