Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't see my Media Card

Worked for me too after trying all sorts of things including reloading desktop manager and media sync a couple of times. In my case I was trying to get my itunes songs onto my berry and couldn't. Disconnected th network designated F: drive and poof, a G: drive popped up which was the berry. All is good now, thanks for the info.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Curve 8320

Hi ARL...

I have a blackberry curve 8320 and I'm having the same problem with my media card..did you get it resolved? If so let me know please. I'm also not able to bluetooth i think its because of this same problem with my media card. One good thing is that I still have my music that i download from my pc using the old blackberry desktop manager.  I upgrade bb desktop manager and this is what happens...media card is not recognize by the new bb desktop manager. Its asking me to turn on Mass storage mode, which is already turned on...help pls

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Curve 8320

Hi Carina...I did the same thing and its working fine..at least I can go back to downloading songs and putting it on my phone using the old bb desktop manager.

Thanks to your post

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Can't see my Media Card in pc

hi, i am new to the forum. i have been facing the same problem with my 8820. my pc won't show the meia card and D.M. won't read the card either. phone shows the card and i formatted it thrice with no luck.  could you please describe step by step how you disconnected the f drive. thanks in advance.

My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Can't see my Media Card in pc

The false reading of the default BB F drive is indeed the problem.

A quick go around is to disconnect your BB and insert a thumb drive or similar (possibly may have to insert 2 to insure the  F drive slot is filled) into your PC.

Then connect your BB. As long as it reads from another drive other than the F drive, you should be sweet. Smiley Wink

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

You have to do this while your blackberry is connected to the computer and the Blackberry Desktop Manager is open. Click on the start button on your computer, right click on "my computer", then click on "manage" , then click on "disc management". On the right hand side it will show the drive your blackberry is assigned to. Highlight "blackberry" and right click, then click on "change drive letter and path", then click on the letter that in the box, and click on "change", then assign your blackberry a different letter that is not being used. If at home, this will probably be "Z" after you click okay, and get out of the box, your media card will appear. What has happened is, when your blackberry is connected to your computer/laptop. It is automatically assigning a letter, and apparently that letter is assigned to something else you have connected. So it's not letting you see it. I hope this helps you, cause it just worked for me.
My Device: Blackberry Curve

Hi I have just tried what you have said, I changed the letters to all of them and nothing appeared for all. This is really frustrating, Is there any other way I can sort this mess out?

My Device: curve
My Carrier: 02

Me neither when I go into disc management is says there is no disc in the e drive. However if I select properties it shows the cd driver, the blackberry and something else. None of which can be selected. I tried changing to Z but it just all moved to Z.
Visitor
My Device: BB Curve 8520
My Carrier: prepay

Hi all,

I'm having the same problems with my 8520 Curve.

I have tryed to fill all of my USB ports with USB Sticks, I have changed the drive letters so that F will be unassigned and still nothing!

I'm starting to think that getting a BB was the biggest mistake I've made recently... a better choice would have been a NOKIA 1100 since anything else but dialling/receiving calls doesn't work on my Curve.

Thx.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

I'm using Windows XP, SP3.  My BB is a Tour 9630, and I'm using the latest and greatest Desktop Manager available for my configuration - 6.1.0.36 Bundle 38.

I uploaded about 12Gb of music etc to my 16Gb media card from my elderly Windoze 7 laptop, which has since died.  My nice new high speed high tech desktop can't see the media card at all.

If I go into my Control Panel and look at my hardware, I find

So the device seems to be present.  However, explorer shows me:

- No capacity for the F: drive, although it knows it is there, and if I double-click to open it, I get:

I'm a techie-nerd from way back.  I know exactly what drives are mapped where, and drives F: thru L:  are all available.  Just in case, I changed the drive letter from F: to G:, but of course it didn't fix anything.

Getting rid of my Blackberry is NOT AN OPTION! 

Somebody at RIM must know how to fix this, so I guess next week it's going to be "put on the head set and spend 3 hours on the phone" time while I get to the bottom of all this.

I'll keep you all posted Smiley Mad