Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Digi

Can't send & receive SMS

Hello,

Whenever I try to read SMS, the following sentence display "Uncaught exception: DSSMA: invalid state(5):2. It also happen when I open my mailbox. I am thinking of reset my handset. Can someone tell me how to do it.

Contributor
My Device: Blacckberry 9630
My Carrier: Digitel / Movistar

Re: Can't send & receive SMS

Hello and thank you for posting. 

I would also recommend to do a reset of your Blackberry and reinstall the Blackberry OS, as there seems to be some kind of software error.  

To do so is fairly easy. First of all, if you have used your phone before, you should make a backup, to prevent any loss of data and information. To do so, you can either use BB Protect, or the better way is, to open your Desktop Manager and connect your phone. Afterwards select Backup my phone from the menu and the backup will start.  

Now for the actual reset / update: 

Remove the battery from your phone, then insert the battery again and turn on your phone. Connect it to the Desktop Manager. The Desktop Manager should tell you that it has detected a phone that is rebooting or has a dead battery. It also gives you several options, of which one is update. You would want to click that. 

Afterwards, the BB Desktop Manager is looking for available updates (if any). Once done, you will see a list with available updates or currently available BB OS' if there are no updates available. It should also say recommended in brackets besides the software, that you should use. Please make sure to install the latest version of your BB OS. 

Once you selected the OS to install, the installation will begin. Make sure you do not connect your phone and wait until it is finished, after which the phone will reset. Once the phone has rebooted, make sure you can send and receive text messages and emails, etc. without problems. If everything works fine, connect your phone to the desktop manager once again and click on restore (my phone). Select your backup file you created and install it. The phone will reboot and afterwards pretty much all of your data should reappear.  

Thats about it. If you need any more help or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. 

Kind regards, 

Ben

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Digi

Re: Can't send & receive SMS

Thank you. My phone is functioning now.