Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

Can't send emails or open photo attachments

Each time I try to send or forward an email, I get this message: "No message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft."Yet when I check my online services and connections, everything appears to be "On."

Likewise, when I try to open a photo attachment (as I have done many times in the past), I get this message: "More request cannot be completed. Service book information not found."

None of the information I've found under Support addresses these particular issues. Please help. Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't send emails or open photo attachments

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register with VZW

• Dial *228 and select Option 1
  • Dial *228 again and select Option 2 (you actually should do Option 2 monthly)

2) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

3) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

4) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you may need to contact VZW for formal support and to be sure that you are subscribed to a service plan (from them) that is adequate to enable the services you desire:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you for taking time to suggest possible solutions. I've tried #1 and #4 but did not understand how to do # 2 and #3. Since 1 and 4 didn't work alone, I definitely need to try 2 and 3 so further information would be helpful. Thanks again.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Yes, the steps are just that...steps that need to be conducted in order, with the success of each step before proceeding to the next. So only knowing how to do #1 and #4 is not useful. But, please explain further...the linked KB's are very detailed about how to conduct steps 2 and 3, so please read those and attempt to conduct them...when you get stuck, please be very explicit about exactly where in the process (the linked KB's, not just step 2 or 3 of what I provided) you are stuck. Only that way can I know what you are stuck on...there just are too many variables contained in those linked KBs for me to guess at what part of them you are stuck.

Let me know and I'll try to help further.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Fair enough. I don't know what HRT means. I understand the KB numbers and where I would find them. Do I do this on the phone or on the computer to register the smartphone?

What are the "Service books" and where would I find them?

Thanks for your patience and your help.

Hall of Famer III

HRT means Host Routing Table. That list must be populated, from your carrier (Verizon), onto your BB, in order for your BB to communicate with the carrier data network. Likewise the Service Books -- they must reside on your BB in order for your services (email, web browsing, etc.) to function, and the SBs come from your carrier as well. The KB's instruct how to make that happen for both HRT and SBs. Some of the KB instructions are done on the BB itself, some can be done from a computer, but you need to read the KB's to know how to do so.

Have you opened the KB's and begun to read them? Start with the HRT KB...it has 3 steps to conduct, with variations on it's step 2 (based on the OS level of your Curve). Start with step 1 in the HRT KB and see if you can get through all of it's steps. If so (and if it is successful), then you can proceed to the KB discussing the Service Books.

This all is, of course, assuming you've already done what I had in my Step 1 (the *228 things) for you.

New Contributor

This info is helpful. Where do I find the KBs and how do I access them? Thanks!

Hall of Famer III

In my post #2 above...the KBs are links that you must click from within a web browser.

New Contributor

OK. I successfully registered the HRT. But when I went to the link for KB05000 and clicked on Options, I don't see Service Book as a choice for my Version 4.5 BB. Could it be under something else? Thanks.

Hall of Famer III

The KB says:

For BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 to 5.0, click Advanced Options > Service Book

That's what you should be doing...Options > Advanced Options > Service Book