Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't send picture mail from Blackberry Pearl 8130

I bought a BlackBerry Pearl 8130 through Sprint and I'm unable to send pictures VIA SMS or email. It doesnt give me an option to send them via SMS and every picture I try to send via email says Too Large of File, however I'm trying to send a picture that I took with my phone. I have had the hardest time with this phone and I am seriously thinking about filing complaints with the carrier and manufacturer if I can't get this problem resolved. For once I would just like to be able to buy a phone and be able to use it the way it was supposedly intended to be used. If I was going to have this many issues with the phone the sales person should have said something when I specifically asked about picture mail.

Can someone help me?

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't send picture mail from Blackberry Pearl 8130

[ Edited ]

1. Sprint does not do MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service). There are rumors that this will be enabled this month.

Read more here: http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/09/08/mms-coming-to-sprint-blackberry-devices/

2. You should be able send a picture via email. For now, let's try a smaller image size.

Open the camera > Options > Picture Size = Small. SAVE!

Now take a picture and once you have done so, while the image is still on the screen, scroll over the envelope-like icon and select a mail contact (yourself maybe?) and send the picture.

Good luck. The BB is a great device, and if your sales person told you that Sprint and the BB did MMS they were wrong. It is coming. If they said it would do "picture mail" they were correct, it will (attaching a picture to an email).

Message Edited by JSanders on 11-11-2008 03:05 PM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code