Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Storm 9530
My Carrier: China Mobile

Can't send text messages (can only recieve). How do I change Service Center Number

Hello. As my subject states, i can't seem to send text messages (but i can receive them). I'm told by my carrier that i need to change my service center number (and they provided it). I've been looking all over the phone for this option, and can't seem to find it. I keep seeing posts saying "On your device: Options > SMS > Service Center." but "service center" does not appear when i go to options>SMS text. I see the following; screen options conversation style: show names: message options priority: callback number: disable autotext: so my question is;, where do i find this?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Can't send text messages (can only recieve). How do I change Service Center Number

You didn`t say what kinda phone you have but I assume its a Storm 95XX series.  From the

main screen go to "Options".....Scroll down to SMS and open it.

There you`ll have options like: data coding, service center, network to send over, etc.

That`s where you have to talk to your carrier for set up instructions. Basicaly there are only to pieces of info you need:  Service Center number and Network to send over.

Make sure you are on the main screen when you start!!!

New Contributor

Re: Can't send text messages (can only recieve). How do I change Service Center Number

[ Edited ]

firstly - if i'm posting in the "BlackBerry 9500 Series Smartphone" setion, i obviously have a "Storm 95XX series"  you can see under avatar it cleraly says "My Device: BB Storm 9530"

secondly - did you even read my post,? i stated that i don't have those options when i go to options>SMS text.

can someone with more then 31 posts who actually knows what they're talking about please reply?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

There were posts in this category (Storm 95XX) posted by mistake, that was the only reason I wanted to clarify the type of phone you have. Also, try to provide more details like the network you are with, is this phone operating with or without the SIM card, is the phone new, used, locked or unlocked.

A lot a phone have options provided by the network and those options don`t necessarily show up "by default" in a phone, unless activated by the network. The conection between your phone and the network is your SIM card. The SIM card has encoded info on it by the network that will allow you to use features like  inernet browsing, sending pics/videos, email, SMS, etc

If you can`t send texts ony receive, that is not a problem with the phone but rather with  the network.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

ayall wrote:

firstly - if i'm posting in the "BlackBerry 9500 Series Smartphone" setion,

I have a bit more than 30 messages on this forum, and my experience says that many people do not post in the board that matches their device. So it's a good idea to make sure.

ayall wrote:

you can see under avatar it cleraly says "My Device: BB Storm 9530"

you did publish it in your "private information" part in your profile. But you have to configure your profile to allow people to view your private information. Here is a screenshot of what I see :

2920i2E091A629A998CCC

please listen to people when they are trying to help you.

A bit of politeness does not cost much either.

That being said, we will nevertheless try to help you.

• Please state your OS version (4 numbers seperated by fullstops).
  • When you go to home screen >> options >> sms,  please write down here all what is written in this page.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

as i stated previously;

when i go to options>SMS text. I see the following; screen options conversation style: show names: message options priority: callback number: disable autotext:'

os version - 5.0.0.328

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I am looking at the same page on my 9520 and absolutely do not have the same entries as you do. Maybe those are specific to the 9530 / 9550 devices with CDMA. I will check tomorrow with my old 9530 what I have, but it has OS 4.7 and not OS5.

Maybe someone else using a 9530 will be able to help you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: storm 2 9550
My Carrier: digi

hi all..

im a newbie with bb...has almost the same problem with my storm 2 9550 verizon set. theres no service center number option under the sms setting.

it seem that some of my sms to friends with different carrier was not received. some did get it. very confusing.

need to check for the message center number to verify.at least thats what the hotline people told me to do.

im running os  v 5.0.0.320

hope u guys can help. tq

New Contributor
My Device: storm
My Carrier: centennial

I am having the same problem, i dont have an option to change message center number. i have an unlocked blackberrry storm, and i have the same menu as the first post. any one can help?

New Contributor
My Device: 9530
My Carrier: verzion

[ Edited ]

hey ayall 

i m having d same problem 

i m currently using blackberry storm 9530 carrier is verizon(as it appears when i switch it on)

i bought it from naptol.com  around 8 months ago

currently i m using it on vodafone

everything is working fine i can make calls , receive calls , recieve sms ,even bbm is working fine

the only problem is  i cant send sms

i did contact vodafone customer care and they told me to enter  

Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

. please help if u get to know d solutrion