Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can't set up E-Mail

[ Edited ]

Hi,  I've had a look through the forum and it seems most people have actually got an E-Mail set up!  Im afraid i cannot get this working as It says it should be.

I want to add 2/3 personal E-Mail addresses to my new (3 day old) 8320 CURVE through ORANGE.

When i run the Set Up Wizard the only option i have is "i want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server".  I dont want to do this,  I want to add 2/3 personal messages thats all.

From reading the guide i want the following option "I want to create or add an email address" which is not on my Set Up Wizard as an option.

Im guessing BES stands for Blackberry Enterprise Server (for more business use) so BIS (Blackberry Individual?? Server?) do i need BIS to be able to set up an EMail address?

I have set up WI Fi, maps doesnt work just diagonal lines and i cant find where to set up my EMAIL?

Please Help if posible...many many thanks Martyn (head bowed in defeat!)

Message Edited by ShipmanOut on 08-15-2008 11:59 AM
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- AT&T
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Can't set up E-Mail

Hi Shipman,

BIS stands for Blackberry Internet Service.  You can set up EMail Addresses thru the BIS, however, you need to have the Blackberry  Desktop Manager. Check with your Wireless provider for the CD or you may go to their website and download  it. You must also have the corresponding OS (I have Verizon, and my OS version is 4.3.127). 

After you have all these in place, and you sync, you should see (in the Configuration portion of the Sync, EMail set up, and it should list Outlook, and you can set up your parameters from there for each Email

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Writer~
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Indosat

So do I after changing BIS package plan from my provider now cannot use BIS anymore... Smiley Sad please help...... I try re-registering via hrt and manualy send service book from indosat.blackberry.com and still cannot.........
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brand new bold 9930 brick
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Do you know if you are on an appropriate BIS data plan? you do need to be on a Blackberry data plan to setup personal email

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor

yup, i know that... the provider already charges me but still cannot registered to BIS. according to them there's a problem with my hand held... but why?? before it's fine before i use another package and it's fine but know even i changed back the package to usualy i used but still cannot..... my HRT empty but my service book still there???? kindly advice i try already to downgrade and upgrade the software but still cannot.

thank you,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

and have you re-registered to the HRT?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor

do many times... Smiley Sad

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Boost Mobile CDMA

[ Edited ]

Have you logged into your BIS account on your computer and re-sent your service books?

BlackBerry Curve 8530
Carrier: Boost Mobile CDMA
16 GB microSDHC card installed