Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

Can't stop Blackberry email even though account is disabled

I just switched to a Droid, but my emails -- sending and receiving -- continue to go through Blackberry, even though I deleted my account on the Blackberry (and can't log in to it because it doesn'texist!) and Verizon deleted it for me,too. Yet for every email I send or receive, I get one from Postmaster reading:

The following message to <xxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 <xxxxx@vzw.blackberry.net>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table'

Final-Recipient: rfc822;xxxx@vzw.blackberry.net
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; [172.20.192.16]
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 <xsnerg@vzw.blackberry.net>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table' (delivery attempts: 0)

It's relentless anddriving me crazy! And I'mdamn sure not going to pay $50 to fix something that's broken on their end.

I've seen this problem reported on other boards outside of Blackberry, and nobody has received a solution that works. Does anyone here know what to do?

Suffering in San Diego

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Can't stop Blackberry email even though account is disabled

On your former BIS BlackBerry account, did you have a forwarding setup, or from your outlook, or something you can think of?

It appears, something is sending a message to your former BIS account for each email you make receive.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
My Device: Curve 8300

Re: Can't stop Blackberry email even though account is disabled

I am having a similar issue. I am receiving all the messages on the blackberry and in my Outlook, but everyone keeps getting the undeliverable messages from blackberry with that e-mail address (which was deleted).

I double checked any potential forwarding options from all ends (blackberry device, online, Verizon, domain host / server, outlook, etc.). There is no forwarding set up anywhere! Yet all our clients keep receiving that message and are really annoyed. And they keep calling us because they don't think we are receiving the messages when we are.

HELP!