Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 - OS 6.0
My Carrier: Orange France

Can't sync Yahoo! Contacts on my Torch

Hi everyone,

I've recently noticed that my Yahoo! Contacts were not synchronized anymore on my Torch. So I've reset the Yahoo address book on my Torch to try to force it to synchronize again but nothing happened: the Yahoo address list on my Blackberry was empty... !

After checking the settings of my Yahoo email account on my Torch, I've noticed that the setting to synchronize the contacts was unchecked. So I've checked it, saved the parameters, entered my password and tried again. Nothing happened and when I've checked the contact synchronization setting, it was unchecked again !?!

I then tried to resend the Service Book, deleted my Yahoo email account, re-created, checked the contact synchronization setting, pulled the battery, tried again... Everything failed ! The contact synchronization setting doesn't want to stay checked and my Yahoo contacts don't show up anymore on my Blackberry !!

I also have a Gmail account and I don't have any problem with it... So, it this a known issue with Yahoo contacts ? I must also say that I don't have any problem receiving my Yahoo emails. The only issue I have is with the contacts...

Thanks,

Pascal.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Can't sync Yahoo! Contacts on my Torch

Hello pgaulin,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

To confirm - Are you using the following process to configure your wireless Yahoo! contact synchronization?

http://bbry.lv/13Yuxk5

How long does it take to automatically disable after being enabled?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Yes, I'm using that process.

The disabling is immediate. After I've saved my preferences, I click on "Return to Setup", then lauch again the edition of my Yahoo account and check the setting: it's disabled !

I don't have this problem with my Gmail account, nor with my Corporate account...

Thanks,

Pascal.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

As a test, try changing your email password, then use the following process to update it on your BlackBerry:

http://bbry.lv/LHnqmq

Let us know if this helps.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Sorry, I don't see in the KB22430 any specific process to update my Yahoo email account on Blackberry. It's still the usual process to add contact synchronization.

The thing is: I don't see any yahoo contact list in the options of the Blackberry address book. I can see my Corporate contact list and my Gmail contact list but not the Yahoo one... ! Could there be some missing Yahoo service book on the Blackberry ?

Thanks,

Pascal.