Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Fido

Can't sync all of my contacts to facebook

Hi everyone,

I have trouble connecting all of my contacts to with their respective facebook accounts.

I logged onto the blackberry facebook app and checked all the boxes to sync my contacts with my facebook friends. This only happened for a few of my contacts.

Does anyone know how I can manually connect a contact with a friend on facebook?

Thanks,

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Can't sync all of my contacts to facebook

sdavoudi wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have trouble connecting all of my contacts to with their respective facebook accounts.

I logged onto the blackberry facebook app and checked all the boxes to sync my contacts with my facebook friends. This only happened for a few of my contacts.

Does anyone know how I can manually connect a contact with a friend on facebook?

Thanks,

you can manually link a BlackBerry contact to a Facebook friend (I believe you already have).

On the other hand, to sync Facebook infos to your addressbook entry, it takes two if I recall correctly:

On the Facebook privacy rules, you cannot do that unless your Facebook friend explicitely accepts.

so what happens is this:

1. you check your FB friend in the FB app on your BlackBerry
  2. your FB friend receives a request
  3. your FB explicitely accepts
  4. your FB app is authorized to sync the data

It seems that some of your friends have accepted, but the others have not (yet).

But I am not sure if this still applies since the Facebook terms & conditions have recently changed.

can you try this manually for a couple of contacts?

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47857/585350.jsp

besides, please read this article from the public knowledge base (although it is for a past version):

KB20812 Automatic synchronization of Facebook friends' contact information and birthdays to the calendar and contact list on the BlackBerry smartphone

Do you confirm you currently have version 3.3.0.11 on your 9900?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: